Latest Viral Stories

Trump signs new travel ban directive

President Donald Trump has signed a replacement govt order inserting a 90-day ban on people from six primarily Muslim nations.

Trump signs new travel ban directive Trump signs new travel ban directive
Iraq – that was coated within the previous seven-nation order – has been removed from the new one when agreeing to extra visa vetting measures.
The directive, which has a 120-day ban on all refugees, takes result on sixteen March.
The previous order, that was blocked by a court, sparked confusion at airports and mass protests.
Presented as a way to strengthen national security against terror threats, it had been blocked by the courts and effectively remains on hold.
The new order was disclosed by Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, attorney General Jeff Sessions and Department of Homeland Security Secretary John Kelly.

“The reality remains that we tend to aren’t proof against terrorist threats which our enemies typically U.S.A.e our own freedoms and generosity against us,” aforementioned mister Kelly.
In justifying the expatriate ban, mister Sessions aforementioned there square measure quite three hundred refugees below investigation for potential terror offences. however no any details got.

What is different about the new order?

Citizens of Iran, Libya, Syria, Somalia, Sudan and Yemen, the other six countries on the original 27 January order, will once more be subject to a 90-day travel ban.

Iraq has been taken off the banned list because its government has boosted visa screening and data sharing, White House officials said.

The new directive says refugees already approved by the State Department can enter the US. It also lifts an indefinite ban on all Syrian refugees.

Green Card holders from the named countries will not be affected.
The new order does not give priority to religious minorities, unlike the previous directive.
Critics of the Trump administration had argued that this was an unlawful policy showing preference to Christian refugees.

What does the administration say?
The three Cabinet secretaries held a joint news conference on Monday morning to discuss the new directive.
America’s top US diplomat said the order was meant to “eliminate vulnerabilities that radical Islamic terrorists can and will exploit for destructive ends”.
Mr Sessions said that, according to the FBI, more than 300 people who entered the US as refugees are under investigation for potential terrorism-related offences.
The top US prosecutor said three of the countries were state sponsors of terrorism.
The other three, Mr Sessions said, had lost control of territory to militants such as the Islamic State group or al-Qaeda.
Mr Kelly added that unregulated and unvetted travel was putting national security at risk.
He said the US cannot tolerate “malevolent actors using our immigration system to take American lives”.
None of the cabinet secretaries took any questions after the press conference.

About the author

admin

Leave a Comment